I've been awol from the blog lately since I've been working on the launch of the official Lime Shop website. It's up and running now so make sure you check it out!
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups milk
3 tbsp milk
2 cups sifted icing sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 160 g containers berries
2 thinly sliced peaches
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Spray a 9x13-in. glass baking dish with cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper. Spray again. Stir flour with baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed in a large bowl until butter is creamy. Add sugar. Cream together until fluffy.
3. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Beat well to incorporate. On low speed, add a third of the flour mixture followed by half of the milk. Repeat additions, ending with flour.
4. Scrape into prepared pan. Smooth top gently. Bake in centre of oven until it is deep golden and a cake tester inserted into centre of cake comes out clean, 65 to 75 min. If cake becomes deep golden before it is done baking, cover very loosely with foil. Cool on a rack 10 min, then remove from pan and cool completely, about 2 hours.
5. Whisk milk into icing sugar until smooth. Whisk in extract. Spread over cooled cake. Slice cake, then serve topped with berries and peaches.