Thursday, June 9, 2011

Home Sweet Home

While I was in Florida, Geoff worked non-stop on installing new floors. I'm happy that everything is finally coming together.

We've put a lot of work into the house - painting, renovating, making accessories and furniture or collecting original artwork (from my brother mainly). I personally love looking at other people's homes for inspiration so I thought it might be fun to share mine with you.

1. Large metal tiled frame with recycled mirror, made by Geoff.
2. Ikea chairs spray painted white.
3. I screen printed and hand-dyed this runner in my No.03 pattern.



1. Screen printed and handmade pennants. By me.
2. "The Mocking of Christ" by my brother, German.
3. Handmade pillows. By me.
(I got the idea from a decor book to cover an ugly couch with fabric. Much better than navy leather any day.)
4. My favorite piece so far: Geoff and I designed this coffee table/ bench with heavy metal legs. My father cut and made the metal leg frame, while Geoff stained and finished the pine table top.
5. Geoff's first wood work project - 3 individual pine shadow boxes.


You can barely tell, but I pushed the 3 boxes together to make shift a side table.


1. Original bird drawing by German.

(Expedit Ikea bookshelf sits over top of a vent. Geoff made and painted the block legs the shelf sits on to allow air circulation.)


1. Original painting by German. (Love this one.)


Hope you enjoyed the tour. : )

::: Nathalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...