Monday, March 21, 2011

Inside Books: The Private World of Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Berg

Happy Monday and welcome to a new section of the blog for book previews/ reviews.

The idea for this category comes from my own book hunting experience in suburban bookstores which don’t often carry a wide variety of design/ art related books. A lot of the time, I search for info online – where helpful previews of a books contents aren't always available and subjective reader comments are all you have to go on.

My first review and latest book purchase is The Private World of Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Berg (ISBN: 0865652511).

This book has been on my wishlist for months so I was really excited to finally get it.

Unfortunately, the book wasn’t as I'd remembered from months earlier. I was expecting opulence and exuberant décor and styling (which it has) to jump out of the pages and inspire me, which it didn't.

My favourite of their eight homes was the one in Marrakesh. Perhaps I should look for a book on Marrakesh design. Recommendations anyone?

Beautiful book featuring beautiful homes but it didn't inspire me enough and for $77 (amazon.ca price), I thought it'd be best to return it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...