Monday, March 1, 2010

Good Deals and Some Organization






For someone who loves designer handbags, I can be pretty thrifty. I also get stupid happy when I come across a good bargain. This weekend, I picked up the Martha Stewart Cupcakes book, that I've been wanting forever, for about half the cost. (Oh happy day!) Of course this meant I had to go home and get baking.

I picked a recipe for something simple, yet different, where all of the ingredients were at hand - Brown-Sugar Pound Cakes with Brown-Butter Glaze. (Or as Geoff likes to call them, "butter and sugar cakes with butter and sugar icing".) These cupcakes are rich, delicious, dense, and yet surprisingly fluffy at the same time. YUM! I'd highly recommend this book to anyone who loves cupcakes, or anyone who just enjoys baking.

The next day Diana and I went to Ikea for some organizing tools. Diana focused on her bedroom, buying a dresser drawer and shelving unit. I bought kitchen stuff: jars, a bookshelf for my cookbooks, and the 3 tiered serving platter that was sold out back in December. The kitchen shelf looks so cute, that I now have plans to paint the cabinets white, put in subway tiles and redo the floors. Spring cleaning has begun!


::: Nathalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...