Last week I mentioned that I would be partaking in the bake sale at work. Funds raised went to The Cancer Society's Relay for Life. With some advanced prep work, I baked a mini army of Sugar Cookie bunnies and my infamous Banana Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Butter Cream frosting. Both recipes can be found on good old Martha's website.
I'm happy to say that my goods sold out (along with almost all the others, but ya know).
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 ripe bananas), plus 1 whole banana, for garnish (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Honey-Cinnamon Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture. In well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture (do not overmix). Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Spread tops with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting. Just before serving, peel and slice banana into rounds, and place one on each cupcake, if desired.
Honey Cinnamon Frosting
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat confectioners' sugar, unsalted butter, honey, and ground cinnamon until smooth, 4 to 5 minutes